The lab facilities of the iGRIDS research group cover differnet promising and dynamic areas of research and development, and allow modeling and testing of different solutions and contributions in design, control and operation of IES through in-silico (e.g., different simulation platforms) and in-vitro (e.g., energy networks emulators and Real-Time Hardware-In-the-Loop) studies.
The flexible and reconfigurable infrastructure of the labs that simulates real-world scenarios, also offers key competencies in:
- Advanced Control of Energy Systems and Energy-related Devices
- Model Validation and Optimization
- Technology Integration and Interoperability Assessment
- Advanced Communications Requirements
- Load Management and System Control Considerations
More information about the relevant laboratories, facilities, special equipment together with their features and services can be found in the following: