Information for Future Guests

In order to make things a little easier for our guests, we have made a leaflet including practical and useful information concerning the Department of Energy Technology itself, and also on living in Aalborg, Denmark.

Coming to a new country and a new university often raises questions like:

  • ‘what must I do upon arrival?’,
  • ‘what are the living expenses?’
  • and ‘who is in charge of what at the Department?’

This and lots more information can be found in our leaflet welcome pamphlet. But we are also recommend that you visit the Intarntional Staff Unit (ISU) website before your arrival. Here can you find all need information about: 

  • Life in Denmark
  • Culture Training
  • Guidance 
  • Spouse & Partner Network
  • Getting started support
  • Welcome guide for all international staff
  • Etc.


If you are coming to Aalborg University for a stay exceeding 14 days, we may be helpful in finding accommodation for you. If you would like us to do this, please contact the secretary, Ms Louise Mammen Levisen, who will contact the university's International Accommodation Office.

Work and residence permit/Visa

If you are a NON-EU/EEA citizen (stay more then 90 days) please fill in this form regarding starting your visa application.
We recommend to begin the application process 60 days in advance of schedule to enter into Denmark. Read more here


You do not require a residence and work permit to live and work in Denmark if you are:

  • An EU/EEA citizen. You must obtain an EU registration certificate and register with the public authorities if you are staying in Denmark for more than 90 days. Read more here
  • A Nordic citizen. Read more here
  • Guest researcher/PhD student stays under 90 days. Read more here
    • If you are a citizen of a country with a visa requirement to enter Denmark, you must have obtained a short term visa valid for the entire stay before entering Denmark.