Industrial/PhD course: New Energy technologies and Systems
The course is cancelled due to a lack of participants
28.06.2022 kl. 08.30 - 30.06.2022 kl. 16.00
Professor Zhe Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Zhe Chen, AAU Energy
Professor Mauro Cappelli, ENEA
Assistant Professor Yanbo Wang, AAU Energy
PhD researchers, AAU Energy
The course will provide training and education on the subject of new energy technology and energy systems.
The Ph.D. course will include fundamental knowledge of energy sources, energy conversion systems, new energy technologies, multi energy system integration, transmission, and distribution. Optimisation of energy systems. Basic techniques of analysis, operation, control and optimisation of energy system will be presented. Some contents are based on up-to-date research results.
- Overview of Energy Utilisations, Zhe Chen, 1.5 hours
- Basics of energy conversion systems, Zhe Chen, 1.5 hours
- Renewable Energy and Energy Storage Technologies, Zhe Chen, 1.5 hours
- Renewable energy transmission: operation and control, Yanbo Wang, 1.5 hours
- Basics of nuclear energy systems, Mauro Cappelli, 1.5 hours
- Control of nuclear energy systems, Mauro Cappelli, 1.5 hours
- Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Systems for Nuclear Applications, Mauro Cappelli, 1.5 hours
- Principles of design of a central I&C System, Mauro Cappelli, 1.5 hours
- Energy system integration and Optimization, Zhe Chen, 1.5 hours
- Optimal management flexible resources (FRs) in multi-energy systems (MES), PhD researcher 1, 1.5 hours
- Optimal operation of integrated electricity-gas-heat system, PhD researcher 2, 1.5 hours
- Discussion and Assignments, 0.5 hours
General knowledge in electrical AC circuits and electrical power engineering, preferably background at the graduate level in power systems. Exercises involve Matlab, Yalmip toolbox and GAMS.
Form of evaluation:
Assignments to be completed, the reports to be submitted and evaluated after the course.
6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 8000 DKK for the Industry.
Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 101, room 1.015, 9220 Aalborg East
07.06.2022 kl. 23.55